Benefits of Community Corrections include:
- Planning - The client learns to plan their day, usually for the first time in their life.
- Accountability - The client learns to be accountable for their time and actions.
- Public Safety - Programs provide intensive supervision and services so the safety of the community is not compromised.
- Sentencing Options - The judiciary is given several additional sentencing options in which they can better address the rehabilitative needs of the individual client.
- Cost-Effective - Programs are less expensive than traditional incarceration, saving valuable tax dollars.
- Preventative - The client can obtain treatment that will assist in breaking the cycle of criminal activity.
- Family Stability - The client is able to meet their family obligations, and the family unit can remain intact.